Announcing New Feature:
Shot Notes X release 1.0.3 brings a new feature to Shot Notes, the ability to Favorite or Reject clips. See the tutorial.
Shot Notes X, is a simple application that takes a file of notes and other metadata in the form CSV file that follows a specific format. This CSV can be created in a variety of spreadsheet apps, exported from various on set script supervision apps, and Shot Notes X provides a template CSV. Shot Notes X combines this data with clips from a Final Cut Pro XML, into a new Final Cut Pro Event with complete metadata. In Final Cut Pro the metadata is completely searchable via the Final Cut Pro search tools, and is available in the list view allowing editors to quickly find the shot using their notes.
Use your favorite spreadsheet app to take notes on location or while watching dailies, then use Shot Notes X to bring those notes into Final Cut Pro.
- • Matches notes with the Final Cut Pro XML data either by file name or Final Cut Pro's clip name
- • Adds scene and take metadata
- • Renames clips using scene and take metadata
- • Adds keywords (multiple keywords supported up to 10 per shot)
- • Adds Favorite or Reject to clips
- • Adds camera angle metadata
- • Adds note metadata
- • Combines two sets of notes into a single note added to the final clip
- • Both sets of notes are available as custom metadata fields in the Inspector
- • Supports synchronized clips created in Final Cut Pro X or 3rd party apps. Takes metadata from the pre-synced parent video clip and applies that metadata to the sync clips. (currently only supports the video clip for matching)
- • Export a list of clips with common metadata from your XML that can be opened in spreadsheet apps to aid in logging
- • Export a template shot log to take notes in while on set
Example Spread Sheet
|Final Cut Pro Clip Name||Scene||Take||Note 1||Note 2||Keywords||Camera Angle|
|myMove.mov||myScene||myTake||Ext: Night||best take.||Circle Take, wide shot, best||B|
|The results in Final Cut Pro 10 would be a shot named myscene-myTake with the metadata added to the shot and a combine note of "Ext. Night | the best take".|
Mac OSX 10.8 or higher 64-bit processor. Final Cut Pro 10.0.6 or higher using fcpxml version 1.2 or higher
Shot Notes X is eligible for educational pricing through The Mac App Store